You can still become a mother with help from egg donation for women over 35
If you’re like many women, you’ve likely envisioned welcoming a baby using your own eggs. However, after the age of 35, female fertility begins to decline. This situation can make it more difficult to conceive without help from egg donation for women over 35. With this effective fertility treatment, you can still experience the magic of pregnancy and motherhood. If this sounds like the right family-building path for you, the Las Vegas fertility doctors at The Fertility Center of Las Vegas (FCLV) can help.
Achieving pregnancy after 35 with donor eggs
Every woman is different, but female fertility follows a predictable pattern.
- A woman is typically at the peak of her fertility in her 20s and early-30s. Although fertility issues may appear, this is when a woman has the best chance of conceiving.
- Around age 35, her fertility begins to decline, as her egg quality and quantity decrease. This makes pregnancy harder to achieve and increases the risk of miscarriage.
- This fertility decline becomes more pronounced in her late-30s and 40s, until the woman goes through menopause.
While women have fewer high-quality eggs in their ovaries as they age, they can often still safely carry a pregnancy. This is because the uterus does not age as quickly as the eggs. As a result, egg donation for women over 35 can be a great way to make parenthood possible.
How does egg donation for women over 35 work?
When you schedule an appointment with one of our Las Vegas fertility doctors, you can count on undergoing a fertility work-up. This includes discussing your medical history and undergoing testing that may involve bloodwork, an ultrasound and a physical exam. These test results will help your doctor determine whether you need to use donor eggs to achieve pregnancy after 35.
Once you both agree that egg donation is the best path forward, you will select an egg donor.
- You can work with a woman you know (a known donor) or select a prescreened donor from the clinic or an egg donation agency (an anonymous donor).
- This healthy young woman will take medications to encourage her ovaries to produce multiple eggs.
- Then, one of our fertility doctors will retrieve her mature eggs while the donor is under light sedation.
The next steps follow those found in a typical in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle. Our embryologists will fertilize the donor eggs in the laboratory with sperm from your partner (or a sperm donor). They will monitor the growth and development of each embryo for several days. They may also perform preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) during this time. One of our Las Vegas fertility doctors will then transfer a single embryo to your uterus. From there, he or she will monitor you for pregnancy and celebrate with you when you get the good news!
Get started on the path to parenthood today
The FCLV team is here to help you select the best fertility treatment to grow your family. When you select egg donation for women over 35, you’ll have a compassionate and experienced team by your side, guiding you through each step. Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more.