Need help with family-building? FCLV can help you find a surrogate
If you’re wondering how to find a surrogate, or gestational carrier, you aren’t alone. Many women and men rely on a caring and generous surrogate to carry their baby. The process of finding a surrogate might seem overwhelming at first, but our Las Vegas surrogacy experts can help. The Fertility Center of Las Vegas (FCLV) can help you find the right woman to help make your dream of parenthood come true.
How FCLV helps you find a surrogate
The team at FCLV can help you find a surrogate to carry your child. We work with women and couples who are unable to carry a child, as well as gay couples and single men. No matter your situation, our Las Vegas surrogacy experts can help you find the best surrogate for your family.
Although FCLV offers a diverse pool of highly qualified donors, we don’t have our own surrogates. However, our team works with reputable surrogacy agencies who can help match you with a gestational carrier. These agencies can help you in many ways, including:
- Locating and vetting potential surrogates
- Navigating the complex legal process
- Helping your surrogate schedule her appointments
- Retrieving medical records
- Establishing escrow accounts to keep your funds safe
- Guiding you through the process
You also have the option to find a surrogate on your own. If you select this route, you will want to hire an attorney to create a surrogacy contract. This contract lists the rights and responsibilities of you and your surrogate. The goal is to protect you and your partner, your surrogate and your child.
Do you need a surrogacy agency?
Deciding whether to use a surrogacy agency or select a surrogate on your own is an important decision. The following factors can help you make up your mind.
- Complexity. The surrogacy process can be very complex, both legally and medically. Most hopeful parents, especially ones pursuing surrogacy for the first time, find that a surrogacy agency helps them navigate these complexities.
- Cost. Sometimes, selecting a gestational carrier who is not from a surrogacy agency can result in a lower overall surrogacy cost. Although you do not pay an agency fee in this case, you will also not have someone to help manage the surrogacy process. Managing the surrogacy process can be a full-time job. For this reason, most hopeful parents choose to work with a surrogacy agency.
- Control. Some hopeful parents want to be responsible for every aspect of the surrogacy journey. For these people, pursuing surrogacy without an agency can give them the control they’re seeking. However, this can also be a lot of work.
Moving forward with gestational surrogacy
The gestational surrogacy process begins with a consultation with our surrogacy team. The goal of this appointment is to discuss your family-building goals and budget. We will also review personal requirements, including language barriers and legal issues related to surrogacy. After we learn about your needs, we can then provide recommendations for surrogacy agencies.
After selecting a surrogate, our team will provide a thorough medical screening. We want to make sure the woman is healthy enough to safely and successfully move forward with surrogacy.
If you have questions about gestational surrogacy and differences between using a surrogacy agency or an independent surrogacy, our Las Vegas surrogacy experts are here to guide you. Contact us to schedule an appointment and learn how to find a surrogate.