NIAW 2022 is a time to share information and encourage hopeful parents
National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) happens every April, and it’s a time when we shed a light on infertility. Many people don’t realize how common fertility issues are among men and women until they have trouble conceiving. They also may not know that infertility is typically a very treatable condition. That’s why our Las Vegas fertility doctors are using NIAW 2022 to share some important statistics.
Knowledge is power, so we’re sharing infertility statistics
In honor of NIAW 2022, here are some facts and figures about infertility that our Las Vegas fertility doctors believe everyone should know.
- 186 million individuals and 48 million couples around the world have a fertility issue.
- In the United States, 6% of married women face infertility and 12% of women will have trouble carrying a pregnancy to term.
- Male infertility plays a role in a couple’s difficulty conceiving in anywhere from 35% to 50% of cases.
- We recommend seeing a fertility doctor if you haven’t been able to conceive after 12 months of having unprotected sex.
- If you’re 35 or older, you’ll want to see a fertility doctor after six months of trying to conceive.
As important as it is to know these infertility statistics, it’s also helpful to know that fertility treatment works. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 12% of women of childbearing age have received fertility care. This has led to the birth of millions of babies worldwide.
What fertility treatments are helping hopeful parents bring home healthy babies?
Now that you know a little bit more about infertility for NIAW 2022, let’s talk about the different treatments for it. Our Las Vegas fertility doctors offer a wide variety of highly effective treatment options.
- Medications like Clomid can help you conceive with your partner by causing you to ovulate (release an egg).
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) involves using a thin tube to place sperm directly into the uterus. You might know this treatment as artificial insemination.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) involves injectable fertility medications, an egg retrieval, laboratory fertilization and embryo transfer to make pregnancy possible.
- Third party options, including donor sperm, donor eggs and gestational surrogacy, can help overcome infertility and help single parents and LGBTQ couples conceive.
Your doctor will perform some fertility testing to determine which of these treatment options will best meet your family-building needs, goals and budget. Once you have your treatment plan in place, you can rely on our team to support you through each step of your fertility journey.
If NIAW 2022 feels like the perfect time to get the fertility care you need, contact us to schedule an appointment. We can’t wait to help you become another one of our fertility success stories.