The Fertility Center of Las Vegas (FCLV) supports and encourages the use of social media. We welcome and invite you to interact with us in the world of social media on current and future FCLV sites – including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and online story-sharing forums – and look forward to any comments, stories and experiences you would like to share.
Below are the terms and conditions of using FCLV’s social media websites. BY POSTING ON ANY FCLV SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. The terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Please be aware that once you post something online, there’s the potential for thousands of people to read your words, even years from now. As a result, we suggest that you exercise caution when posting information on any of our social media sites and that you not disclose personal identifiable information like your location, medical record number, financial information, etc.
FCLV makes a reasonable effort to monitor participation to ensure that you stay on topic. Please remember that information posted on any of FCLV’s social media platforms shouldn’t be considered medical advice and shouldn’t replace a consultation with a health care professional. If you have a medical emergency, call 911. If you have medically-related questions regarding your health, please call your provider or physician.
While FCLV makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information. Please know we cannot respond to comments that deal with individual medical cases and issues.
Our goal is to provide only the best experience for our visitors, but understand that in the real world misunderstandings do happen. Complaints or issues posted on FCLV social media sites will be handled as best we can via a public and electronic medium, which is often not the best avenue for resolution. If you would like the fastest, most direct method of reaching us and resolving your issues, please call 1.702.254.1777.
- You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any FCLV Social Media site.
- The information posted to the social media sites is not medical advice and should not be taken as medical advice. Please contact your healthcare provider if you have any personal medical questions.
- As a guest posting content to any FCLV Social Media site on the internet, you agree that you will not:
- violate any HIPAA, local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy;
- transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that is unlawful, viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating, that disparage patients, employees, suppliers or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or post that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion or other status protected by law or company policy;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) information that is irrelevant to the normal scope of topic and discussion, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-FCLV services or products or use of logo), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, repost the same information multiple times, ;
- transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- FCLV reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any FCLV Social Media site, at any time, without notice, for any reason and at its sole discretion. FCLV may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials at its sole discretion. You understand and agree that FCLV may disclose your communications and activities with FCLV in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of FCLV rights. In the event that FCLV exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, you agree that FCLV will have no liability to you.
- By posting any content on any FCLV Social Media site, you grant to FCLV the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any FCLV purpose.
- You shall defend, indemnify, and hold FCLV and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, and successors harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to an FCLV Social Media site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS ATTEMPTS.
- FCLV DOES NOT CONTROL THE THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT AND, THEREFORE, FCLV DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION. WHEN POSTING ANY CONTENT ON AN INTERNET SITE, YOU SHOULD THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR OWN PRIVACY IN DISCLOSING DETAILED OR PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. FURTHERMORE, FCLV DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON ANY FCLV SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
- You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on an FCLV Social Media site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Nevada without regard to its conflict of laws or provisions, and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal agencies and/or courts.
- You may not provide any content to an FCLV Social Media site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions; or use any FCLV Social Media site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties; or use any FCLV Social Media site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
- The opinions and or views expressed on any FCLV social media platform, including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube, blogs, represent the thoughts of individual bloggers and online communities, and not those necessarily of FCLV or any of its corporate affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, research staff, medical staff or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
- THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES AN FCLV (FCLV) SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, FCLV suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.
If you have any questions regarding The Fertility Center of Las Vegas’s social media policy, please contact our office at 702.254.1777.