The Fertility Center of Las Vegas (FCLV) has been monitoring the rapidly developing situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and we remain vigilant in our care of patients. Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation that is affecting each of our communities and our daily lives. Our hearts go out to anyone who has been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly.
During this time, we wanted to update you on how we are approaching the situation at FCLV. Currently, we are taking the following actions to minimize risks as much as possible by adhering to CDC guidelines for reducing transmission of the disease which include:
- Frequent hand washing with soap or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Wiping down frequently contacted surfaces (such as doorknobs, computers, phones, desks, etc.).
- Changing all in-office, non-clinical appointments to Phone/Internet (Zoom) appointments.
- Instituting screening measures for all office visitors.
- Avoiding contact with individuals who are currently experiencing symptoms or who may have been exposed to the virus.
Out of an abundance of caution, any patients, staff and FCLV office visitors who have a high likelihood of having COVID-19 or who unintentionally pose a risk to others will either be rescheduled or other arrangements for the visit will be made.
Out-of-town and international patients are advised to be familiar with the current travel guidelines and restrictions for their city/state/country in order to make any alternate arrangements, if required.
Currently, no specific reproductive risk from the virus has been identified in pregnant women or couples trying to conceive. As a clinic, we are working to build families in the healthiest and safest manner possible. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and advise our patients and partners-in-care of any additional recommendations or changes as they develop.
The FCLV Physicians and Staff