Infertile on Valentine’s Day: Where’s the Love?
For many couples, Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate love with flowers, gifts or a special date. But for some couples struggling with infertility, it’s hard to get excited about a holiday that’s all about romance.
After months or years of focusing on little else but making a baby, infertile couples’ relationships can feel like they’ve been pushed to the back burner. This Valentine’s Day, our Nevada fertility center encourages you to put your relationship first.
Valentine’s Day is about the two of you
When you fall in love with someone and decide to build a life together, it feels like the possibilities are limitless and the future belongs to the two of you. Like so many other couples, you’ll just decide when it’s time to start a family, and everything will simply fall into place. No wonder infertility can make you feel like you’ve been blindsided.
Infertility can place extra stresses on even the strongest relationship. It’s emotionally draining, it can get expensive, and it’s just plain frustrating. It’s normal for couples to feel overwhelmed, but because the clock is ticking, taking a break may not feel like an option.
This Valentine’s Day, we hope you will take just one day to set all the stress of infertility aside, and simply focus on each other.
Even if you’re honestly not feeling the romance, use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to reconnect and remember all the reasons you chose this other person to be your partner in life.
- Remember that hobby you both used to love? Make a date to enjoy it again, together.
- Can’t handle another restaurant full of families with kids? Stay home to cook a gourmet meal, and dine by candlelight.
- Worn out from talking about your infertility treatment? Pledge to avoid that subject, just for the day.
- Need to just forget about it all for a while? Pull out your favorite funny movies and cuddle up on the couch for a movie marathon.
- Has spontaneous intimacy been replaced by a schedule? Today, it’s enough to simply be close, without the pressure.
An unstoppable team
No matter what life throws your way, you and your partner can handle it –together. The thing that makes you strong is the love you have for each other. Take time to nurture that love this Valentine’s Day, and you’ll feel re-energized and ready to tackle whatever it takes to make your dream come true.
To learn more about overcoming infertility, contact our Nevada fertility center.